How We Help
Each project hosted at the Sixteen Thirty Fund receives full fiscal sponsorship support, customized to your needs so that you can more quickly achieve social and environmental goals on even the most complex endeavors. Working in partnership with a dedicated project team, we establish a restricted fund within Sixteen Thirty for your project and put together a suite of support to help you get your project off the ground and scale more quickly and cost-effectively than if you were launching a new nonprofit. While project staff focus on their programmatic activity, the Sixteen Thirty Fund team supports all aspects of your projects, from day-to-day administration to helping structure initiatives for success. Should your project eventually benefit from transitioning into an independent entity, our team can manage the full transition.
Because the distinctions between public education, lobbying, and political activity can be complex and dynamic, our staff can work with you to determine which activities are best supported with 501(c)(3) dollars, thereby enabling you to maximize the effectiveness of unrestricted but limited 501(c)(4) funds. Our staff is deeply knowledgeable about advocacy rules, and ensures that all activities and expenditures are compliant with IRS, FEC, and state and local regulations.
Our basic fiscal sponsorship services include:
- Quickly setting up a 501(c)(4) project
- Working with projects to maximize flexibility and navigate legal- and funder-imposed restrictions
- Legal and regulatory compliance oversight, registration, and reporting
- Financial management and accounting
- Grants and contracts execution domestically and abroad
- Human resources recruitment, management, and payroll
- Access to a broad network of experts, including Arabella Advisors, Alliance for Justice, and leading tax-exempt and political compliance law firms
In addition to the core fiscal sponsorship infrastructure, our team can offer a range of other supports and services to help donors meet their goals. These include: